Sunday, September 19, 2010

Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome

Thought I would write a quick gut response to the film we recently watched , Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome. Can't really say that I enjoyed the film too much. I can watch films that have nothing but images and music with no story line but focuses more on expressing emotion or feeling through images; I can also watch films with a story line. This film was a hybrid of both and I did not enjoy it. It seemed to have enough things happening that it could keep you engaged trying to figure what was going on but was devoid of any real sense of story. I want to either be fully engaged or not at all. This, to me, was a bad mix of both. The colors were gorgeous but I did not enjoy the forty minutes of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment